Breast lifting / breast operation
Time spent in Clinic: 3-4 hours
Recovery time: 2-3 weeks
You should not drive home alone, you should be picked up by another person. You should not spend the first night after operation on your own. Post-operative bra should be worn for 6 weeks.
If the operation was not cancelled 72 hour prior to schedule date patient will be charged 50% of the operation price.
You will receive additional protection with Patient Care Promise to your MENTOR and PARTHESE silicone gel implants:
1. Checked durability product.
2. Up to 1000 EUR financial help up to 10 years after the surgery in case of determined break.
3. Exchange of product in case of determined 3 or 4 degree Barker’s capsular contracture during 10 years from implant surgery.
Breast lifting or mastectomy is a procedure made in women who feel that their breasts are becoming flabby and less firm. Breasts are saggy because the skin becomes to ‘’loose’’ due to lack of skin tension. There are a few reasons for that:
- Mammary gland enlarges due to hormonal changes during pregnancy.
- Obesity leads to fat concentration in breasts which is more visible whereas dieting reduces fat and the loose skin remains.
- Changes connected with ageing and gravity make the breasts look more sagging.
There are two possibilities to correct this. A surgeon may remove the skin and put the remaining skin to glandular and fat tissue in a breast. It is traditional breast lifting operation. Alternatively he/she may use breast prosthesis thank s to which the skin is stretched.
In some case a combination of the two is recommended (reduction of the excess of skin during prosthesis induction). Scars may appear around the nipple or under breasts depending on the method.
Breast lifting is a relatively massive intervention (read also about breast prostheses. Breast augmentation) which has a lot in common with breast reduction procedure.
During surgical operation a part of mammary gland is removed with surrounding fat tissue and covering skin. Nipples with blood vessels are protected by breasts around it. When the indispensable tissue is removed the remaining ones are sutured. A surgeon may, depending on the method used and amount of removed tissue, address the patient’s request so as to size and firmness of breasts.
Normal sensation in nipples after breasts liposuction cannot be guaranteed with nowadays typical operative methods. Possible reduction of numb sensation cannot be foreseen. For many women erotic sensibility is very important and it may be the reason to refrain from the operation. Sensation may appear with time but there is no guarantee.
Different operative methods have a varied influence on the ability to breastfeed. Problems may be caused by removed parts of mammary glands and ducts due to operation. Breastfeeding is not affected when only excess of skin is removed.
Before the operation
- You need to be healthy on the day of procedure.
- Do not eat, drink and smoke up to 6 hours prior to operation.
- Have a shower with Hibiscrub soap the day before and on the day of operation.
- You cannot be alone in the evening and at night on the operation day. You cannot drive home alone, you should be picked up by someone or go by taxi.
- Medication should be taken according to arrangements.
- Do not take medication like Dispril (acetylsalicylic acid)), Novid (aspirin,acetylsalicylic acid), Naproxen (naproxenum) for 2 weeks prior to operation and right after it. Do not take supplements like vitamin E, Omega 3, garlic pills or homeopathic pills.
- Quit smoking 4 weeks before the scheduled operation.
Day of operation
- You are welcomed by the surgeon who takes pictures of your chest.
- You may talk to anaesthesiology staff about local anaesthesia with painkillers and sleep pills as well as general anaesthesia.
- Bra is fitted.
After the operation
- Your take painkiller according to arrangements with anasthesiolgy staff.
- Do not overwok for the rest of the day.
- Refrain from excessive physical activity for 14 days after the operation. Do not lift heavy objects. It is important not to stay in bed for the whole time as it may cause the risk of clots.
- You will be asked to report at the clinic on 1 to 3 day after the operation unless arranged otherwise. The follow up is scheduled individually.
- Bra should be worn 24/7 for about 6 weeks.
- You can have a shower on 4 day after the operation unless stated otherwise.
- As a general rule you may start physical activity 6-8 weeks after the surgery .
- We recommend using 3M plaster on wounds for a few months after the operation for less visible scars.
- Bruises without swelling disappear spontaneously.
- Small swelling without discoloration disappear spontaneously.
- Hematoma (place filled with blood) may have influence on operation result and should be controlled and possibly treated.
- Immediately report for examination and treatment in case of infection with swelling, redness, feeling of heat on skin, pain and possible oozing wound or fever.
- The body heals itself from all damages and post-operative wounds by forming scars. Their visibility depends on the area of the body and human susceptibility to them.
- Final result is possible to be seen from 3 months up to 1 year.