Time spent in clinic: 3-4 hours
Recovery time: 2-3 weeks
You should not drive home alone, you should be picked up by another person. You should not spend the first night after operation on your own.
If the operation was not cancelled 72 hour prior to schedule date patient will be charged 50% of the operation price.
You will receive additional protection with Patient Care Promise to your MENTOR and PARTHESES silicone gel implants:
1. Checked durability product.
2. Up to 1000 EUR financial help up to 10 years after the surgery in case of determined break.
3. Exchange of product in case of determined 3 or 4 degree Barker’s capsular contracture during 10 years from implant surgery.
Many women have a very large and heavy breasts. Some of them may experience difficulty with neck and shoulder pain or finding a suitable underwear. Women who decide to reduce their breasts due to these reasons experience a great relief.
Breast reduction procedure is a relatively serious operation usually carried out under general anaesthesia. During breast reduction we remove glandular, fat tissue and skin from the breast. Nipple is placed higher and an areola (brown skin area surrounding the nipple) is also reduced. The amount of tissue removed depends on pre-operative natural breasts size and the required post-operative size. There are different methods of breasts reduction and all of them result in small scars formation. Methods used in our Clinic may cause scars around the nipple and in lower part below the breast. It may happen that sensation in nipple will change due to such an intervention and it total recovery cannot be guaranteed. Breast operation may lead to further problems with breastfeeding.
Breast reduction by liposuction
Breast are made of glandular and fat tissue and in young women most of the tissue can be hard glandular tissue. When people age and the influence of hormones on breast change –caused by menopause- the percentage of fat tissue increases. In elder women who suffer from sizeable, heavy breasts their volume and weight is reduced and suffering lessened by liposuction. Liposuction is significantly less invasive than conventional breast reduction. Duration of procedure is shorter and can be carried out under local anaesthesia with sedatives and painkillers without general anaesthesia. It could be beneficial due to patient’s elderly age and willingness to avoid general anaesthesia. Such an intervention may reduce the risk of complications. Skin is not removed during this operation however it will be stretched in a way breasts will look less sagging than before. Men can read about breast reduction in men.
Before the operation
- You need to be healthy on the day of procedure.
- Do not eat, drink and smoke up to 6 hours prior to operation.
- Have a shower with Hibiscrub soap the day before and on the day of operation.
- You cannot be alone in the evening and at night on the operation day. You cannot drive home alone, you should be picked up by someone or go by taxi.
- Medication should be taken according to arrangements.
- Do not take medication like Dispril (acetylsalicylic acid)), Novid (aspirin,acetylsalicylic acid), Naproxen (naproxenum) for 2 weeks prior to operation and right after it. Do not take supplements like vitamin E, Omega 3, garlic pills or homeopathic pills.
- Quit smoking 4 weeks before the scheduled operation.
Day of operation
- You are welcomed by the surgeon who takes pictures of your chest.
- You may talk to anaesthesiology staff about local anaesthesia with painkillers and sleep pills as well as general anaesthesia.
- Bra is fitted.
After the operation
- Your take painkiller according to arrangements with anasthesiolgy staff.
- Do not overwok for the rest of the day.
- Refrain from excessive physical activity for 14 days after the operation. Do not lift heavy objects. It is important not to stay in bed for the whole time as it may cause the risk of clots.
- You will be asked to report at the clinic on 1 to 3 day after the operation unless arranged otherwise. The follow up is scheduled individually.
- Bra should be worn 24/7 for about 6 weeks.
- You can have a shower on 4 day after the operation unless stated otherwise.
- As a general rule you may start physical activity 6-8 weeks after the surgery .
- We recommend using 3M plaster on wounds for a few months after the operation for less visible scars.
- Bruises without swelling disappear spontaneously.
- Small swelling without discoloration disappear spontaneously.
- Hematoma (place filled with blood) may have influence on operation result and should be controlled and possibly treated.
- Immediately report for examination and treatment in case of infection with swelling, redness, feeling of heat on skin, pain and possible oozing wound or fever.
- The body heals itself from all damages and post-operative wounds by forming scars. Their visibility depends on the area of the body and human susceptibility to them.
- Final result is possible to be seen from 3 months up to 1 year.