Liposuction / liposculptre
Price: depending on the area covered. See prices below
Time spent in Clinic: 1-2 hours
Recovery time: depending on the area
You should not drive home alone, you should be picked up by another person. You should not spend the first night after operation on your own. Special compression outfit should be worn for 4-6 weeks.
It is not a weighing down method but a liposuction
Removing fat collected on stomach, on sided and on hips is not easy but sucking subcutaneous fat may help. The final result of liposuction can be seen after 3-4 months after the operation.
The amount of fat cells created and their location happens in late prenatal period and in early childhood. Sex and genetics are partly responsible for the amount of fat cells and their location. Fat cells are memory cells which do not regenerate but change their volume – it could be smaller or bigger influenced by the change in weight. Increase in fat intake causes the increase in cell volume. Weight reduction causes the reduction in cells’ volumes. Men put on weight on sides and upper part of the stomach whereas most women put on weight on stomach below navel and above hips.
By sucking out fat cells from the areas where the patient does not want to gather fat concrements the surgeon reduces the number of fat cells. One cannot remove all the fat despite the fact that the surface remains firm and hard, some fat has to be left by the surgeon. Even though removal of fat cells is irreversible you may put on weight in areas of carried out liposuction. It happens because the remaining cells may increase in volume by body mass growth but the volume increase will be relatively smaller than so far.
It is important to emphasize that you do not lose too much weight because of the operation.
– Inner thighs
– Breasts (men and women)
Before the operation
- You need to be healthy on the day of procedure.
- Do not eat, drink and smoke up to 6 hours prior to operation.
- Have a shower with Hibiscrub soap the day before and on the day of operation.
- You cannot be alone in the evening and at night on the operation day. You cannot drive home alone, you should be pick up by someone or go by taxi.
- Medication should be taken according to arrangements.
- Do not take medication like Dispril (acetylsalicylic acid)), Novid (aspirin,acetylsalicylic acid), Naproxen (naproxenum) for 2 weeks prior to operation and right after it. Do not take supplements like vitamin E, Omega 3, garlic pills or homeopathic pills.
- Quit smoking 4 weeks before the scheduled operation.
Day of operation
- You are welcomed by the surgeon who takes pictures
- You may talk to anaesthesiology staff about local anaesthesia with painkillers and sleep pills as well as general anaesthesia.
- Special outfit is fitted ( compression tights).
After the operation
- Your take painkiller according to arrangements with anasthesiology staff.
- Do not overwok for the rest of the day.
- Refrain from excessive physical activity for 14 days after the operation. Do not lift heavy objects. It is important not to stay in bed for the whole time as it may cause the risk of clots.
- You will be asked to report to the clinic on 1 to 3 day after the operation unless arranged otherwise. The follow up is scheduled individually.
- Compression tights should be worn 24/7 for 6 weeks.
- You can have a shower on 4 day after the operation unless stated otherwise.
- As a general rule you may start physical activity 4-6 weeks after the surgery .
- We recommend using 3M plaster on wounds for a few months after the operation for less visible scars.
- Bruises without swelling disappear spontaneously.
- Small swelling without discoloration disappear spontaneously.
- Hematoma (place filled with blood) may have influence on operation result and should be controlled and possibly treated.
- Immediately report for examination and treatment in case of infection with swelling, redness, feeling of heat on skin, pain and possible oozing wound or fever.