Men breasts reduction / Gynaecomasty
Price: from 20 000 – augmentation/ removal 7 000
Time spent in Clinic: 1-2 hours
Recovery time: 1-2 weeks
You should not drive home alone, you should be picked up by another person. You should not spend the first night after operation on your own. Post-operative bra should be worn for 6 weeks.
If the operation was not cancelled 72 hour prior to schedule date patient will be charged 50% of the operation price.
Also men may suffer from too sizeable breasts (gynaecomasty).
In some men develop large mammary glands during puberty whereas other have a tendency to accumulate fat tissue around breast area. Breast enlargement may as well be a result of hormonal therapy (e.g. anabolic steroids or hormonal treatment in prostate cancer).
Irrespective of the reason large breasts in men are a difficult psychological experience.
It is important for the patient to be informed what can be obtained thanks to operation. Irrespective of the experience of a surgeon, he/she may not be able to assess how much fat and how much glandular tissue cause breast enlargement. A surgeon may use mixed procedures i.e. the use of extra liposuction with the removal of glandular tissue. Mammary gland removal will cause larger scars than just a liposuction. Moreover, the risk of emboli is bigger after this procedure. In some patients a nipple may be moved after fat tissue removal.
Before the operation
- You need to be healthy on the day of procedure.
- Do not eat, drink and smoke up to 6 hours prior to operation.
- Have a shower with Hibiscrub soap the day before and on the day of operation.
- You cannot be alone in the evening and at night on the operation day. You cannot drive home alone, you should be picked up by someone or go by taxi.
- Medication should be taken according to arrangements.
- Do not take medication like Dispril (acetylsalicylic acid)), Novid (aspirin,acetylsalicylic acid), Naproxen (naproxenum) for 2 weeks prior to operation and right after it. Do not take supplements like vitamin E, Omega 3, garlic pills or homeopathic pills.
- Quit smoking 4 weeks before the scheduled operation.
Day of operation
- You are welcomed by the surgeon who takes pictures of your chest.
- You may talk to anaesthesiology staff about local anaesthesia with painkillers and sleep pills as well as general anaesthesia.
- Special outfit is fitted ( compression outfit).
After the operation
- Your take painkiller according to arrangements with anasthesiology staff.
- Do not overwok for the rest of the day.
- Refrain from excessive physical activity for 14 days after the operation. Do not lift heavy objects. It is important not to stay in bed for the whole time as it may cause the risk of clots.
- You will be asked to report at the clinic on 1 to 3 day after the operation unless arranged otherwise. The follow up is scheduled individually.
- Outfit should be worn 24/7 for about 6 weeks.
- You can have a shower on 4 day after the operation unless stated otherwise.
- As a general rule you may start physical activity 6-8 weeks after the surgery .
- We recommend using 3M plaster on wounds for a few months after the operation for less visible scars.
- Bruises without swelling disappear spontaneously.
- Small swelling without discoloration disappear spontaneously.
- Hematoma (place filled with blood) may have influence on operation result and should be controlled and possibly treated.
- Immediately report for examination and treatment in case of infection with swelling, redness, feeling of heat on skin, pain and possible oozing wound or fever.