Stomach plasty / abdominoplasty
Time spect in Clinic ( including operation) 3-6 hours
Recovery time: 2-6 weeks
You musn’t drive home on your own, you should be picked up by another person. You cannot saty home alone in the forst evening or night after the operation. Special outfit should be worn for at least 6 weeks.
If the operation was not cancelled 72 hour prior to schedule date patient will be charged 50% of the operation price.
Flat, smooth and firm stomach
Many women would like ot have a flat, smooth and firm stomach. During pregnancy the skin stretches a lot and its shrinking later is often not satisfactory. Some women may have significant stretch marks. Others may have been obese and folds of fat and skin are left hanging after the slimming process. Other have a genetic tendency to accumulate fat in stomach area. For many people intensive exercise and diet does bring the desired effect. Liposuction is not a slimming method and obesity increases the risk of complications in this type of intervention.
There are partial and full abdominoplasty as well as mini or lower abdominoplasty. The excess of skin on the stomach can be removed by removing the skin between navle and pubic hair. The skin from above the navel is stretched down and an incision is made to suture a new navel there. It is relatively serious operation with big wounds and it is called abdominoplatsty/tummy tuck. If there ia problem with excess of skin or stretch marks on the stomach, sagging skin after Caesarian section or operation many women may achieve a good result by removing the exces of skin from lower part of stomach and possibly mix it with liposuction in upper abdomen area. It is called lower abdominoplasty/tummy tuck or mini abdominoplasty/tummy tuck.
During consultation with a surgeon you will be given tips onhow to choose the right methos of operation.
Surgical incision is always made in bikini line. Rectus abdominis muscles (abs) are located symmetrically on both sides of linea alba (medial line) are stretched during pregnancy. In some women there a diastasis ( separation) between the stomach muscles. It is called ‘’rectusdiastase’’ separation of rectus abdominis muscles. It can also be corrected by suturing the fascia dueirng the operation. In most women abdominoplasty if ofter mixed with stomach liposuctions and possibly hips liposuction.
Before the operation
- You need to be healthy on the day of procedure.
- Do not eat, drink and smoke up to 6 hours prior to operation.
- Have a shower with Hibiscrub soap the day before and on the day of operation.
- You cannot be alone in the eveing and at night on the operation day. You cannot drive home alone, you should be picked up by someone or go by taxi.
- Medication should be taken according to arrangements.
- Do not take medication like Dispril (acetylsalicylic acid)), Novid (aspirin,acetylsalicylic acid), Naproxen (naproxenum) for 2 weeks prior to operation and right after it. Do not take supplements like vitamin E, Omega 3, garlic pills or homeopathic pills.
- Quit smoking 4 weeks before the scheduled operation.
Day of operation
- You are welcomed by the surgeon who takes pictures
- You may talk to anaesthesiology staff about local anaesthesia with painkillers and sleeping pills as well as general anaesthesia.
- Special outfit is fitted (compression tights/body).
After the operation
- Your take painkillers according to arrangements with anasthesiology staff.
- Do not overwok for the rest of the day.
- Refrain from excessive physical activity for 14 days after the operation. Do not lift heavy objects. It is important not to stay in bed for the whole time as it may casue the risk of clots.
- You wil be asked to report to the clinic on 1 to 3 day after the operation unless arranged otherwise. The follow up is scheduled individually.
- Compression tights/body should be worn 24/7 for 6 weeks.
- You can have a shower on 4 day after the operation unless stated otherwise.
- As a general rule you may start physical activity 6-8 weeks after the surgery .
- We recommend using 3M plaster on wounds for a few months after the operation for less visible scars.
- Bruises without swelling disappear spontaneously.
- Small swelling without discoloration disappear spontaneously.
- Hematoma (place filled with blood) may have influence on operation result and should be controlled and possibly treated.
- Immediately report for examination and treatment in case of infection with swelling, redness, feeling of heat on skin, pain and possible oozing wound or fever.
- Fluid retention usually disappears spontaneously.
- Protruding parts / wrinkles and folds may appear at the end of scar.
- The body heals itself from all damages and post-operative wounds by forming scars. Their visibility depends on the area of the body and human susceptibility to them.
- Final result is possible to be seen from 3 months up to 1 year.